The Application Process
Adventure Aviation offers all of its programs to both local and International students. For International students there is a different application process.
The Application Process
- Please download our INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION
Completed application can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to: 1-780-532-9661. A $500.00 non-refundable fee is required in Canadian funds to process your application. This amount will be applied to your tuition at the school once accepted. Funds may be sent by credit card or wire transfer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-539-6968 for more information on paying the fee. Once the application has been received and approved, a Letter of Acceptance will be issued to assist you in obtaining your Student Visa Permit.
- Canadian Aviation Medical
A Canadian Aviation Medical from a Doctor certified by Transport Canada will be required for all Canadian licenses and ratings. A list of Doctors can be found on this site CLICK HERE
- Aviation Language Requirements
All students will be required to demonstrate English language ability at least at an operational level. We accept the following language examinations:
Minimum score acceptable for admission by Adventure Aviation Inc. Test Of English as Foreign Language computer-based exam (TOEFL) 53 International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic 5 Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) (CELPIP) 7
All students, once enrolled, will be required to pass an Aviation Language Proficiency Demonstration. For more information CLICK HERE
- Mandatory Medical Insurance
All International Students must purchase their own private health care insurance before they arrive in Canada. For courses longer than one year, the student may be eligible to purchase Alberta Health Care Insurance. For more information CLICK HERE Private Insurance Companies
International Student Insurance
Total course costs are contingent on the actual time it takes for each student. For a list of minimum cost CLICK HERE
- Student Complaint and Dispute Resolution Process
Students should try to resolve issues individually. If a more formal process becomes necessary, Adventure Aviation Inc. will do its best to provide a fair and reasonable mechanism for resolution.
- First, try to resolve the issue directly with the other party
- If the issue cannot be resolved, put your complaint in writing (letter or email), and forward it to the Chief Flight Instructor (CFI), or in his absence, the Assistant Chief Flight Instructor.
- Institution does not impose a fee for a student complaint.
- The student can be represented by an agent or a lawyer. The third party representative must produce a formal Power of Attorney from the student that enables them to represent the student. If the student is a minor, a parent or guardian must take part in the dispute resolution. An agent or lawyer must be authorized by a parent or guardian.
- The CFI, or assistant CFI if applicable, will act within 7 days to resolve fairly and reasonably all issues presented to him/her in writing, outlining reason for a decision. In the event an issue cannot be solved through steps above, further action can be taken with the help of a third party, e.g. mediator or court.
All training may be done on a pay-as-you go basis. Many Students place a credit card or place a deposit on their account with Adventure Aviation Inc. flight school. Any request for a refund of monies remaining on a student’s account must be made in writing and will be refunded by the form of payment 30 days from receipt of the request. For more information see our policy for tuition fee payment and refund CLICK HERE
- Moving to a new City can be a little overwhelming for many.
The City of Grande Prairie has some services to assist you if needed and to help you adjust to your new home away from home. Our Staff are always available to assist you as well.
The links below will help you with social service support as well as with useful information for newcomers.